From: PA Bear on
Then I suggest you post to this WMP-specific newsgroup for further
assistance (I'll get you started by crossposting by reply to it):

microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player

Via the web-interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player
--
~PA Bear

From: Rock on
"Milt" wrote

> Thanks "Pa Bear",
>
> No I don't want to throw WMP 11. It seems to work fine. And I might as
> well
> learn
> to live with it now. It's going to be around for a while. I was just
> hoping
> that someone
> here had looked into stopping the annoying file from appearing and
> determined if
> there were any unforseen consequences. 'guess I'll just learn to like it.
>
> Thanks for your interest,
> Milt
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall WMP 11?
>>
>> Milt wrote:
>> > Thanks PA Bear,
>> >
>> > I've read the links you sent and also found this one:
>> > http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=304104
>> > (I'm using WMP 11 on WinXP-Home/SP2.)
>> >
>> > But I'm still not sure if it's OK to/ or how best to prevent WPDNSE
>> > from
>> > returning.
>> >
>> > Milt

Why is it annoying?

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

From: Paul Johnson on
http://wiki.ursine.ca/Best_Online_Quoting_Practices

Milt wrote:

> No I don't want to throw WMP 11. It seems to work fine. And I might as
> well learn to live with it now. It's going to be around for a while. I was
> just hoping that someone here had looked into stopping the annoying file
> from appearing and determined if there were any unforseen
> consequences. 'guess I'll just learn to like it.

Why is it annoying? Some network aware programs sometimes need someplace to
buffer or cache information coming in faster or slower than the player can
deliver.