From: Milt on
A folder,"WPDNSE", has been regularly reappearing in my User/Temp folder. I
believe that it's caused by Windows Media Player 11. Why is Microsoft doing
this to me? What do I need it for? Can I prevent it from being created?

Thanks,
Milt
From: PA Bear on
See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/27bf8e4e7a778b24/2683a6aa63cfd666
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Milt on
Thanks PA Bear,

I've read the links you sent and also found this one:
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=304104
(I'm using WMP 11 on WinXP-Home/SP2.)

But I'm still not sure if it's OK to/ or how best to prevent WPDNSE from
returning.

Milt

From: PA Bear on
Uninstall WMP 11?

Milt wrote:
> Thanks PA Bear,
>
> I've read the links you sent and also found this one:
> http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=304104
> (I'm using WMP 11 on WinXP-Home/SP2.)
>
> But I'm still not sure if it's OK to/ or how best to prevent WPDNSE from
> returning.
>
> Milt
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> See
>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/27bf8e4e7a778b24/2683a6aa63cfd666
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> Milt wrote:
>>> A folder,"WPDNSE", has been regularly reappearing in my User/Temp
>>> folder.
>>> believe that it's caused by Windows Media Player 11. Why is Microsoft
>>> doing
>>> this to me? What do I need it for? Can I prevent it from being created?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Milt

From: Milt on
Thanks "Pa Bear",

No I don't want to throw WMP 11. It seems to work fine. And I might as well
learn
to live with it now. It's going to be around for a while. I was just hoping
that someone
here had looked into stopping the annoying file from appearing and
determined if
there were any unforseen consequences. 'guess I'll just learn to like it.

Thanks for your interest,
Milt