From: Bill McCormick on
Hello,

Putting aside for the moment whether or not I should be using LINQ to SQL or
Entity Framework, I'm looking some best practice advice for managing the
LINQ to SQL DataContext behind my WPF application.

As far as using LINQ to SQL, I understand that MS will not end support for
it, however that they will provide a migration path to Entity Framework and
will recommend Entity Framework over LINQ to SQL. Is that correct? Is there
a migration tool available?

With regard to my existing project (which is about to be deployed,) should I
be considering moving to use the Entity Framework over LINQ to SQL sooner
rather than later?

Thanks,

Bill