From: vkornienko on
Hi all,
First of all: sorry for my English.

I'm trying to implement background data processing in WPF. For example by
pushing button "A" i start some function "B" that works indefinite amount of
time. That's why i show continuous progress bar till the end of function. I'm
using Backgroundworker for this. But during this long operation button "A"
keeps to be pressed. I don't like that behaviour. I'd like to enque my method
"B" to be run after button's event OnClick finished. Thus button will look
unpressed and my long operation will do it's job.

So the common question is: is there any solution to enque method "M" in
event "E" handler and method "M" runs after handler of event "E" finishes?

Hope somebody will help me ;)
From: Adam Clauss on
On 6/25/2010 6:40 AM, vkornienko wrote:
> Hi all,
> First of all: sorry for my English.
>
> I'm trying to implement background data processing in WPF. For example by
> pushing button "A" i start some function "B" that works indefinite amount of
> time. That's why i show continuous progress bar till the end of function. I'm
> using Backgroundworker for this. But during this long operation button "A"
> keeps to be pressed. I don't like that behaviour. I'd like to enque my method
> "B" to be run after button's event OnClick finished. Thus button will look
> unpressed and my long operation will do it's job.
>
> So the common question is: is there any solution to enque method "M" in
> event "E" handler and method "M" runs after handler of event "E" finishes?
>
> Hope somebody will help me ;)

If you are using the background worker, the button should not stay
depressed. Can you show some sample code so we can take a look?

Is the rest of your UI responsive?

-Adam