From: Ernie on
I've used Eudora for 20 years and have found it more than meets my
needs.... I subscribe to several email updates each day from the
Wall Street Journal in HTML format.... They have worked well for a
long time... A couple days ago, I started getting only a couple
lines of the HTML, probably the page header, and then nothing.... I
asked them what they did, they replied nothing.... I d/led
Thunderbird, installed it, and the whole page is there in the
emails.... But I want to stay with Eudora.... Any ideas ????
From: John H Meyers on
On 2/10/2010 7:38 PM, Ernie wrote:

> I subscribe to several email updates each day from the
> Wall Street Journal in HTML format. They have worked well
> for a long time. A couple days ago, I started getting only
> a couple lines of the HTML, probably the page header, and then nothing.
> I asked them what they did, they replied nothing.

"Famous last words" :)

> Thunderbird shows the whole page.

Analysis of a message would require the complete original source,
which can not be obtained using Eudora itself (what the "Blah" button
displays has already stripped out important details).

If you can obtain the original source and then upload it in full
to a file host, we could then analyze it.

You can view the original source most easily in Thunderbird
(View > Message Source), since you are using it anyway.

Others can use "webmail"
to view it directly on their own mail servers,
before letting your mail client(s) delete it from the server.

One web-based client which can display the original source for you,
from any POP server, is: http://mail2web.com (always first click
the "Advanced login" link, then enter your server account details).

Here's a public, no-registration, free file host,
where files will remain for about a week if not downloaded again:
http://www.filefactory.com/
You can upload a file there and then post the web address
which the system gives you after each upload.

From: C A Upsdell on
On 2010-02-10 20:38, Ernie wrote:
> I've used Eudora for 20 years and have found it more than meets my
> needs.... I subscribe to several email updates each day from the
> Wall Street Journal in HTML format.... They have worked well for a
> long time... A couple days ago, I started getting only a couple
> lines of the HTML, probably the page header, and then nothing.... I
> asked them what they did, they replied nothing.... I d/led
> Thunderbird, installed it, and the whole page is there in the
> emails.... But I want to stay with Eudora.... Any ideas ????

I have seen this too, with email received from personal contacts from
some companies.

When this happens, only a small part of the message is normally visible
using Eudora, but the whole message is visible when using View Source,
also, when this happens, the first lines visible using View Source are:

xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
xmlns:st1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head>

I tried to get the senders to complain to their companies that some of
their outgoing email was unreadable to Eudora, but no one seemed to
care. I was forced, therefore, to use View Source whenever such email
arrives.

From: Zaidy036 on
On 2/10/2010 8:38 PM, Ernie wrote:
> I've used Eudora for 20 years and have found it more than meets my
> needs.... I subscribe to several email updates each day from the
> Wall Street Journal in HTML format.... They have worked well for a
> long time... A couple days ago, I started getting only a couple
> lines of the HTML, probably the page header, and then nothing.... I
> asked them what they did, they replied nothing.... I d/led
> Thunderbird, installed it, and the whole page is there in the
> emails.... But I want to stay with Eudora.... Any ideas ????

I suggest that you fo to the WSJ site http://online.wsj.com/home-page
and look at your settings.

My "Technology Update: has recently been showing only the WSJ bar so I
have changed from HTML to Text as a test.

Eric