From: sergio on
HI all,

I have implemented a Sharepoint list filter web part... the users love
it and they like being able to pick a "customer" or a "contact" from
the list and then being able to see the other web parts only show the
information relevant to this selection (implemented via connected web
parts to the filter web part). For example we have tasks associated
with the customer or contact.

However, after the user selects the filter and the web parts are
filtered if the users click on a link to add a task, sharepoint takes
you to another page to add the item. but when you come back to the
original page, your selected value is "forgotten" and the web parts are
not filtered any more.

Is there any way of making this web part remember what was selected
originally when coming back to the page?.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Sergio.

From: williamsgood on
I am trying to do the same thing in a hosted Sharepoint Service v2.0
site. Is there a free webpart that does this? I would like to link it
to a custom list that I am using to provide data to charts.

please help if you can. Thanks in advance.