From: Goldrake on
In a lan with 5 clients, I have 3 clients that open word or excel files only
in read mode.

With the other clients (working) , when I click on a document in the "Shared
Documents" folder, a message window appear asking if I want to open the file
only in read or in modify and all work fine. I can modify the file than
close it and all changes are regularly applied.

When I try the same procedure with the other clients, the message box don't
compare but only the classic IE window asking if I want to open the file ora
save it in some place.
If I choose to open, the file is only in read mode.

The differences between the working clients and the faulty, is that on the
first the office version is the 2003 and on the other there is the XP
version and Openoffice.

Maybe could be this the reason ?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards