From: tuccitown on
I have been task with a WSS SharePoint Search issue. The issue is that
there are no results returned for most SharePoint sites. Our
environment is a Windows 2008 64 bit SQL 2005 backend and using one
content DB to host multiple host header sites. Two Frontend Servers
one running Windows 2008 64 bit running SharePoint Search services
configured to index the content DB and one frontend member server
running Windows 2003 32 bit.

There are no errors or warnings in the event log indicating that there
is an issue crawling the content DB. When looking at the Database
WSS_Search_XXXX at the dbo.MSSCrawlHistory table I see that it is
crawling on the configured interval. Looking at the dbo.MSSDocProps
table I see that there is only two sites being crawled the Central
Administration site and a test site that was created. If I log into
the test site and perform a search I get results. My question is why
are the 100+ other sites being hosted not being crawled and returning
results?

Any help would be appreciated.