From: Craig Humphrey on
Hi,

today I completed the upgrade of our SharePoint 2007 B2TR system up to RTM,
and while it all seems to be functioning OK, I'm getting the following
error, every 15 minutes in my Application log. I can't seem to locate any
info about it, other than it's a generic COM error.

Has anyone else seen it?

Help!
Craig
CraigDotHumphreyAtChapmanTrippDotCom

Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Category: Timer
Type: Error
Event ID: 6398
The Execute method of job definition
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID
35d9812e-8294-496c-a9a2-5acaebc270f2) threw an exception. More information
is included below.
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{629DA12E-9AD5-4FEC-B886-42C5982C5109} failed due to the following error:
80070422.

From: nigely on
I have the same problem, did you find a resolution?

From: nigely on
All,

I raised a case with Microsoft and fixed the problem my doing the
following:

Created a new SSP (Including a new site and new my site).
Change the association of my web applications from the original to the
new SSP.
Started a new full crawl on the shared services search setting.

This fixed the issue.

From: nigely on
I also had to do the following:

1. Change the Windows SharePoint Search service startup mode from
"Disabled" to "Manual"

2. Stop the Windows SharePoint Services Help Search service in central
administration through Operations - Services on server and then start
again.

If you notice now, you will see that the service now will be started
also in control panel and its account also would be changed to the
domain account instead of default Network Service/Local Service/Local
System account.

From: Craig Humphrey on
Bingo! Thanks Bob.

Do you know if there's any documentation/API/etc around this file? It's all
well and good me putting that file into our installers, but if people have
their own custom labels... or other custom info ends up in there...

Thanks
Craig