From: mutuee@hotmail.com on
Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
Army's outlet store.
I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system,
# 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter>
""
I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
(password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
"my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
Express Service Code: 13054894417
Thanks in advance

From: Hank Arnold on
I think you may be screwed.... The only way to get around this is to call
Dell and try to prove ownership. You may end =up returning it to the SA...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

From: Steve W. on

<mutuee(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation
> Army's outlet store.
> I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I
> access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer
system,
> # 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You
> cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
> Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter>
> ""
> I noticed that the website postings mentioned " latitude.exe "
> (password generator file/program) which I tried but it is geared to
> only receiving 5 (five) characters for the Service_Tag_# input to this
> program-file. I also used "Latitude_MasterPW.exe" but that does not do
> it either. Does anyone know the file-name and where I can download the
> correct Dell Password-Generator to solve my problem that will work for
> "my" Dell model (C600/C500) Latitude?
> Any help would be appreciated. Dell only helps those who can ""prove""
> ownership (prove they are the original purchaser)!
> My Dell is a: Latitude C600/C500 modle PP01L
> Computer system: # 5ZWJP01-595B
> Service Tag #: 5ZWJP01
> Express Service Code: 13054894417
> Thanks in advance

Call Dell and explain it to them, they will ask for proof of ownership
and check if it was reported stolen. Only way to do it.