From: SushiSean on
This is what I want to do.
I want to block NDRs from going out to any internet (external) user, but
allow them if the emails are from within our organization.
Is this possible?

On the EMC i have gone to OC -> Hub Transport -> Remote Domains and under
the Default domain I have unselected "allow non-delivery reports". I was
under the impression that would, at least, block all NDRs from going out, but
that is not the case. If I send an email from my gmail account to a
non-existing user, I will get an NDR stating so.

Whats up with that?
From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
In your gmail test, is the NDR generated by your Exchange server or by
gmail?
If you have Recipient Validation (drop messages for non-existent
recipients/addresses) enabled, Exchange never accepts the messsage - in
which case the sending SMTP host generates the NDR.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

From: SushiSean on
You are right. The NDR seems to be generated by google, not my exchange
server.

Now the 2nd part to this, how do I allow NDRs for internal users? However,
i jsut tested it and it generated an NDR. Exactly what I wanted. Cool.