From: Phil O. Sopher on
0"Durgesh" <saxena.durgesh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have keen interest in Digital audio signal processing using C/C++
> (Windows) but don�t know from where to start with. Can any one please
> tell me what to do? Guys I need a real world advice and assistance. I
> really need your help.

The other good book based upon practical application, if a bit long in the
tooth computer-wise because of its emphasis on MS-DOS but otherwise
being full of the programming examples that you seek is ...

"Interfacing with C" by Howard Hutchings, published by the British
magazine "Electronics and Wireless World" (Which used to be excellent
when it was just "Wireless World")

ISBN 0 7506 2228 8

The book has some mathematical treatments, but is by a chap who
seems to know his mathematics but is incapable of teaching it.

From: Randy Yates on
Durgesh <saxena.durgesh(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I have keen interest in Digital audio signal processing using C/C++
> (Windows) but don't know from where to start with. Can any one please
> tell me what to do? Guys I need a real world advice and assistance. I
> really need your help.

In these situations, I think "task-motivated learning" is always a good
route to take. That is, rather than ask open-endedly, "How do I learn
the meaning of life", you ask, "I want to get a date with the cute girl
at work - what do you suggest"?. ...
--
Randy Yates % "Ticket to the moon, flight leaves here today
Digital Signal Labs % from Satellite 2"
From: Jonathan Campbell on
Durgesh wrote:
> I have keen interest in Digital audio signal processing using C/C++
> (Windows) but don�t know from where to start with. Can any one please
> tell me what to do? Guys I need a real world advice and assistance. I
> really need your help.

You could write yourself a little DSP software laboratory --- I say that
since you mention C and C++. Sort of like Matlab has and many others.

I know there are gazillions of them, but you might learn a lot of DSP
and programming and DSP programming; I think it would be reasonably
valuable to have on a CV.

You'll need (a) C++ class(es) for a 'digital signal' --- maybe
multichannel (correct term?); probably complex. Or, in C, a data
structure with well defined interface functions (and abstract data type).

Keep your processing functions separate from your display, menu, and
other data handling functions and you will have (processing) functions
that you can deploy to other applications.

- i/o from files (use text);

- displays;

- filters;

- transforms;

- arithmetic;

etc.

The display and menu (if GUI) will be challenging and could take more
than 50% of the work. You may need to seek advice about that on another
newsgroup. Be careful about engaging with MFC; maybe QT? QT + OpenGL for
nice graphics ... but now were well out of DSP territory.

Best regards,

Jon C.

--
Jonathan Campbell www.jgcampbell.com BT48, UK.
From: HardySpicer on
On Nov 11, 10:12 am, Durgesh <saxena.durg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have keen interest in Digital audio signal processing using C/C++
> (Windows) but don’t know from where to start with. Can any one please
> tell me what to do? Guys I need a real world advice and assistance. I
> really need your help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Durgesh

Yep, enrol for an Electrical Engineering degree asap.

Hardy
From: Durgesh on
On Nov 11, 9:23 pm, Jonathan Campbell <jg.campbell...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> Durgesh wrote:
> > I have keen interest in Digital audio signal processing using C/C++
> > (Windows) but don’t know from where to start with. Can any one please
> > tell me what to do? Guys I need a real world advice and assistance. I
> > really need your help.
>
> You could write yourself a littleDSPsoftware laboratory --- I say that
> since you mention C and C++. Sort of like Matlab has and many others.
>
> I know there are gazillions of them, but you mightlearna lot ofDSP
> and programming andDSPprogramming; I think it would be reasonably
> valuable to have on a CV.
>
> You'll need (a) C++ class(es) for a 'digital signal' --- maybe
> multichannel (correct term?); probably complex. Or, in C, a data
> structure with well defined interface functions (and abstract data type).
>
> Keep your processing functions separate from your display, menu, and
> other data handling functions and you will have (processing) functions
> that you can deploy to other applications.
>
> - i/o from files (use text);
>
> - displays;
>
> - filters;
>
> - transforms;
>
> - arithmetic;
>
> etc.
>
> The display and menu (if GUI) will be challenging and could take more
> than 50% of the work. You may need to seek advice about that on another
> newsgroup. Be careful about engaging with MFC; maybe QT? QT + OpenGL for
> nice graphics ... but now were well out ofDSPterritory.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jon C.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campbellwww.jgcampbell.comBT48, UK.

Thank you very much. These informations are really very helpful for
me. I think that you guys are doing great things in DSP. i think my
background is not important at this time because "Now i'm going to
build it myself". If you people help me i can have power to stand
myself in slippery DSP world.

Thanks,
Durgesh