From: ChrisCoaster on
PC: HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have owned 3 of the same mp3player in a row, and in auto play
options three instances of it apear each with a pulldown for options
what to do when it is hooked up to the USB.

How can I delete ALL instances of this mp3 player from Windows so I
can properly detect and administer(manage music) on the one I
currently own?

Thanks,

ChrisCoaster
Diamondback at Kings Island!
From: Jeff Strickland on
Can you go into Add & Remove Programs and Uninstall two of the three
instances?

Can you use Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go into Folder
Options and select the File Types tab, scroll down to MP3 and edit the
applications that are called?

From: ChrisCoaster on
On Feb 20, 5:39 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can you go into Add & Remove Programs and Uninstall two of the three
> instances?
>
> Can you use Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go into Folder
> Options and select the File Types tab, scroll down to MP3 and edit the
> applications that are called?
>
> "ChrisCoaster" <ckozi...(a)snet.net> wrote in message

> > PC: HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> > I have owned 3 of the same mp3player in a row, and in auto play
> > options three instances of it apear each with a pulldown for options
> > what to do when it is hooked up to the USB.
>
> > How can I delete ALL instances of this mp3 player from Windows so I
> > can properly detect and administer(manage music) on the one I
> > currently own?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > ChrisCoaster
> > Diamondback at Kings Island!- Hide quoted text -

____________________________
No such thing as "Add/Remove Programs" in Vista.

No such thing as "Windows Explorer" in Vista.

-CC
From: Jeff Strickland on

On Feb 20, 5:39 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can you go into Add & Remove Programs and Uninstall two of the three
> instances?
>
> Can you use Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and go into Folder
> Options and select the File Types tab, scroll down to MP3 and edit the
> applications that are called?
>
> "ChrisCoaster" <ckozi...(a)snet.net> wrote in message

> > PC: HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> > I have owned 3 of the same mp3player in a row, and in auto play
> > options three instances of it apear each with a pulldown for options
> > what to do when it is hooked up to the USB.
>
> > How can I delete ALL instances of this mp3 player from Windows so I
> > can properly detect and administer(manage music) on the one I
> > currently own?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > ChrisCoaster
> > Diamondback at Kings Island!- Hide quoted text -

____________________________
No such thing as "Add/Remove Programs" in Vista.

No such thing as "Windows Explorer" in Vista.

<JS>
Add & Remove Programs is renamed to Programs and Features, or something
close to that. You select from the list that opens and can Uninstall the
selection you make. You will find this in the Control Panel,
START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL. The name is changed, bu the feature remains
the same.

Windows Explorer exists in Vista. Right-Click the Start button and choose
Explore, or click START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>WINDOWS EXPLORER.

Keep in mind, Vista has moved things around from the previous versions, and
lots of people that want to offer helpfull suggestions will assume you know
the previous versions and the variances that Vista throws at you.

</JS>

From: ChrisCoaster on
On Mar 1, 9:10 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> What player are you using?
>
> File Associations
> Open Windows Explorer -- Right-click START> and select Explore. On the Menu
> Bar, click TOOLS>FOLDER OPTIONS>FILE TYPES, then scroll down the list to
> MP3, and see what program is called to open your MP3 files. Delete the file
> associations you don't want, and delete any duplicates if there are any.
>
> When Windows encounters a file type, it goes to a look up list and finds the
> program that is associated with that file type. I've not seen what could
> happen with multiple entries of the same file type and different (or
> repeated) file associations, but it occurs to me that one thing that could
> happen is multiple instances of the associated application might start. This
> is very strange, and I doubt it's the problem, but it doesn't hurt to look.
>
> </JS>- Hide quoted text -

I apologize for not clarifying - this is a physical mp3 player - one
that you hold in hand or clip to your belt.
Because I have now owned 4 of this player - the View, from Sandisk's
Sansa division - 4 of them appear in my Auto-Play options box. I
would pretty much like to delete all 4 and start from scratch, as
alternately one of two slightly different looking windows pops up when
I plug the player in via USB. One allows me to see all the contents
in the player's folders, the other does not.

-CC