From: nancy80 on
Glen thanks again for your reply.I am on a x86 Intel machine. No luck until
now.I am trying to use the Salford Plato 3 compiler to see if something
will change.It seems my problem requires advance programming skills i do
not have. While ignoring the warnings and build the executable ,trying to
run the program produces an error for array bounds.Any other ideas?

From: nancy80 on
Can you just have a look at the source code?Its on:
http://nisee.berkeley.edu/software/drain2dx/

Thanks

From: nancy80 on
Can you have a look in the source code?You can find it
in:http://nisee.berkeley.edu/software/drain2dx/
Actually I want to change a parameter in the exe file.That's why i want to
rebuild the given executableT
Thanks

From: Herman D. Knoble on
Nancy: For most current systems, that a COMMON variable's address
is not divisable by it's type (length), won't prevent the program
from compiling. As Glen pointed out, the best strategy here is to
make all COMMONS and companion declarations the same in all program
units. This is sometimes done by use of INCLUDE of the declaratons
and COMMON statements. If the variable names in COMMON are different
between program units, this precludes use of INCLUDE and also increases
the chances for program problems related to mapping of the variables
in COMMON; for example, undefined variables, wrong answers,
overwriting of arrays, etc.

Regards.
Skip Knoble

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:16:09 -0400, "nancy80" <nkazantzi(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

-|Thank you for your reply glen.However, my concern is why a source code
-|which was supposed to function well (as it is given from an official site)
-|it does not.Do you think that this has to do with using a newer compiler? I
-|am finding it quite hard to fix the problem....The variables are so
-|many.........

From: David Jones on
nancy80 wrote:
> Glen thanks again for your reply.I am on a x86 Intel machine. No
luck
> until now.I am trying to use the Salford Plato 3 compiler to see if
> something will change.It seems my problem requires advance
> programming skills i do not have. While ignoring the warnings and
> build the executable ,trying to run the program produces an error
for
> array bounds.Any other ideas?

Have you checked to see if your compiler has any options that affect
allignment of items in common blocks?