From: maxascent on
Hi

I would like to develop a CDF 5/3 (LeGall 5/3) lifting wavelet in an FPGA
so that I can do some image processing. Reading through some papers I have
found the algorithm to code but I would like to perform the same thing in
Matlab so that I can check my results. Can someone who knows about the
wavelet toolbox tell me the required commands, so that I can enter a
sequence of values and get the results. I am just interested in a 1D result
to start.

Thanks

Jon
From: maury on
On Aug 12, 12:07 pm, "maxascent" <johnbean_uk(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to develop a CDF 5/3 (LeGall 5/3) lifting wavelet in an FPGA
> so that I can do some image processing. Reading through some papers I have
> found the algorithm to code but I would like to perform the same thing in
> Matlab so that I can check my results. Can someone who knows about the
> wavelet toolbox tell me the required commands, so that I can enter a
> sequence of values and get the results. I am just interested in a 1D result
> to start.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking, but I assume you want
something with which to compare the output of your algorithm. If you
start Matlab, then type "HELP WAVELET", I think that the help
documentation for "LWT" and "ILWT" under the title "LIFTING FUNCTIONS"
might be of interest.

Maurice Givens