From: William B. Lurie on
I have an Intel Web Camera, old, runs only on Win98.
So I fired up my ever-present VPC with 98 running,
and 'installed' the software from the Intel CD.
And plugged the camera into the USB port....and it
doesn't find it.

Anybody had experience in this pursuit?

Thanks.....
From: Steve Jain on
"William B. Lurie" wrote:

> I have an Intel Web Camera, old, runs only on Win98.
> So I fired up my ever-present VPC with 98 running,
> and 'installed' the software from the Intel CD.
> And plugged the camera into the USB port....and it
> doesn't find it.
>
> Anybody had experience in this pursuit?
>
> Thanks.....
> .

VPC2007 does not support USB, at all.
Windows VPC for Windows 7 does, but USB support is a function that requires
the Integration Components, there are no IC for Win98.

So, in short, no USB for Win98+VPC. You could try VMWare Player/WKS,
VirtualBox, or Parallels WKS
From: William B. Lurie on
Steve Jain wrote:
> "William B. Lurie" wrote:
>
>> I have an Intel Web Camera, old, runs only on Win98.
>> So I fired up my ever-present VPC with 98 running,
>> and 'installed' the software from the Intel CD.
>> And plugged the camera into the USB port....and it
>> doesn't find it.
>>
>> Anybody had experience in this pursuit?
>>
>> Thanks.....
>> .
>
> VPC2007 does not support USB, at all.
> Windows VPC for Windows 7 does, but USB support is a function that requires
> the Integration Components, there are no IC for Win98.
>
> So, in short, no USB for Win98+VPC. You could try VMWare Player/WKS,
> VirtualBox, or Parallels WKS

Thanks, Steve. It's bad news, but at least conclusive.
From: George Orwell on
In article <egptKFo$KHA.5536(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
"William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote:

> I have an Intel Web Camera, old, runs only on Win98.
> So I fired up my ever-present VPC with 98 running,
> and 'installed' the software from the Intel CD.
> And plugged the camera into the USB port....and it
> doesn't find it.
>
> Anybody had experience in this pursuit?
>
> Thanks.....

VPC doesn't support USB.

https://www.mixmaster.it

From: Steve Jain on
"William B. Lurie" wrote:

> Steve Jain wrote:
> > "William B. Lurie" wrote:
> >
> >> I have an Intel Web Camera, old, runs only on Win98.
> >> So I fired up my ever-present VPC with 98 running,
> >> and 'installed' the software from the Intel CD.
> >> And plugged the camera into the USB port....and it
> >> doesn't find it.
> >>
> >> Anybody had experience in this pursuit?
> >>
> >> Thanks.....
> >> .
> >
> > VPC2007 does not support USB, at all.
> > Windows VPC for Windows 7 does, but USB support is a function that requires
> > the Integration Components, there are no IC for Win98.
> >
> > So, in short, no USB for Win98+VPC. You could try VMWare Player/WKS,
> > VirtualBox, or Parallels WKS
>
> Thanks, Steve. It's bad news, but at least conclusive.
> .
But, VMWare Player and VirtualBox are both free and will coexist with VPC.