From: Daniel on
Once again the web interface is down!

Can someone please tell me why it is so hard to keep a simple web interface
(which never changes) up and running. I am now truly starting to understand
why people have been migrating over to alternate forums. It is sad when
Microsoft themselves don't have any interest in keeping forums functional
which promote their own products.

And yes, I know one can use a newsreader..., but as demonstarted on a
regular basis, there are still a great number of users who use the web
interface.

Daniel Pineault

From: broro183 on

hi Daniel,

I can't tell you why a web interface is down (to which Forum?). However,
I can suggest an alternative - check out http://www.thecodecage.com

The CodeCage is a new-ish Forum with a web interface & Simon, the owner,
is proactive, very open to & responsive to member's suggestions for
improvements.

Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=200060

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
I assume you are using Microsoft's interface, which has been a disaster area
for as long as I can remember. There are more reliable alternative's such as
Access Monster, which I'm using. For this thread:

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access/128215/Web-Interface-to-this-Forum

or Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/6c41ea43aef859d6
#

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: Larry Linson on
As noted in a later post by nntp(a)microsoft.com, they plan to phase out the
newsgroups in favor of online forums. I suspect, given that plan, that
maintenance of the web interface to newsgroups is not high on anyone's
priority list.

If I were managing that function, I'd be devoting most (the vast majority
of) my resources to the new work.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: MikeR on
I'm hoping this https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums?wa=wsignin1.0 will
allow me to continue too use my newsreader. I hate the online forum format. I can't
believe MS thinks maintaining that will be more cost effective than an NNTP server.

Mike