From: VAAFM on
I am taking over a website built with an older version of Front Page. I would
like to be able to do some of the maitenance from my home computer, and know
a little basic html. The site is hosted by godaddy.com I can log on godaddy
and see the file content, but cannot see the html. Any help?
From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on
"VAAFM" <VAAFM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am taking over a website built with an older version of Front Page. I
>would
> like to be able to do some of the maitenance from my home computer, and
> know
> a little basic html. The site is hosted by godaddy.com I can log on
> godaddy
> and see the file content, but cannot see the html. Any help?

But the file content IS html. Do you mean that you can see the page as
rendered by the html?

Anyway, trying to work directly on a remote site is not a good idea

Using IE,
View | Source will open the html in your text editor

In Firefox
View | File Source will display the code

In either case, cut the code and save it to a local file. Then edit it, test
it and upload it again.

In FP, you can also publish from remote to local to get the local copy and
vice versa to upload

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra

From: ANONYMOUS on

If you don't have FrontPage 2003 then I assume you will be editing
these files manually in Notepad or some other text editor. If this is
so, then you will also need to use third party FTP program to download
all the files from godaddy.com to your machine so that you don't lose
any links. You need to search for FTP programs on google and you can
find some some free ones.

You could also try using Sharepoint Designer 2007 which replaced FP
2003. The good news is that Sharepoint is a free program downloadable
from Microsoft Website. With sharepoint you can import/export your
site from godaddy and you can then edit it in sharepoint before
publishing the pages again.

hth