From: Laurent Lequenne on
Hello All,

I'm currently developing a free windows Scrabble (in french :)) application
that uses extensively the WebBrowser class of NET 2.0 for configuration, and
data browsing. It works 100% on my machine, with the WebBrowser Class, and
the Microsoft.MsHtml component. I can access all elements on the pages
through the events, I can change some parts. Everything is rendered with
XSLTs and changing directly the document through the msHtml thing.

But apparently, it works only well on both of my machines :-)

When I deploy the application, Enabling / Disabling controls does not work
and when the application try to access a SelectElement the users got that
error :
Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to class type
'mshtml.HTMLSelectElementClass'. COM components that enter the CLR and do
not support IProvideClassInfo or that do not have any interop assembly
registered will be wrapped in the __ComObject type. Instances of this type
cannot be cast to any other class; however they can be cast to interfaces as
long as the underlying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the
IID of the interface.

The Microsoft.MsHtml is copied with the application and all users have a
correct installation, as it is the only thing that doesn't work

does anyone knows what I have to do, to make it work on machines that
shouldn't be loaded with Visual Studio, as it's the only difference I can
figure out with my machines and users machines ?

Thank you

Laurent

From: VJ on
I believe the Microsoft.MsHtml is a COM component.. Try registering it when
installing it. If you are using VS Packaging.. there is a option to do this
for a single file in the properties windows. Check the properties, the
property name is pretty obvious..

VJ

From: Laurent Lequenne on
Euh I don"t thinkk so, it has been found in the NET components into the
references of my project, but maybe it's just a wrapper class, and it's
dependent of another DLL ? But No idea which one :-)

From: VJ on
uhmm.. yes sorry, I just saw that myself... If you are using the browser
object or the MS Browser control, that will its own set of Dlls..uhmm lets
see.. Can you tell me how you are building your setup project?., Just like a
including a Project Output into VS.NET setup project and then building?

From: Laurent Lequenne on
Hello VJ :-)

No I add the Microsoft.mshtml.dll in addition of the project output and
other things. The application is running well everywhere for
reading/settings values in the forms of the browser. But it does not disable
the controls, and I can not access the options of a select control, however
the value can be read from the value of SelectElementClass. Things that are
working well on my computer.
Really strange

Laurent