From: n33470 on

I have a WM5 device project that calls webservices. The ASP.NET
webservice is setup locally on my dev machine. I don't think it
matters, but the webservice is a VS2003 web project running on the 1.1
framework.

The device project is in VS2005 and the webserice is a "web reference"
within this device project. Everything runs perfectly. The device
app calls the webmethods on the host just fine. However, every
webmethod call throws a URIFormatException. The exception is handled
by the runtime, and the webmethod completes normally. The only way
to see the exception is to set the debugger to break when an exception
is thrown, because it doesn't make it way to the application layer.

I'd like to understand if this exception is normal. The exception does
not cause a problem in any way, I'd just like to get rid of it, if
possible. Every webmethod call in the service throws this exception,
so it's not specific to certain methods.

Is there some config that I can do to clean this up. Here is the code
from the proxy of the webservice, and the relevant traceback of the
exception.

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderAttribute("ClientCredentialsValue")]

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://KMB.DriverManagement.com/services/GetLocationCodeList",
RequestElementName="GetLocationCodeList",
RequestNamespace="http://KMB.DriverManagement.com/services",
ResponseElementName="GetLocationCodeListResponse",
ResponseNamespace="http://KMB.DriverManagement.com/services",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
[return:
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayAttribute("GetLocationCodeListResult")]
public LocationCode[] DownloadLocationCodes() {
object[] results = this.Invoke("DownloadLocationCodes", new
object[0]);
return ((LocationCode[])(results[0]));
}

System.UriFormatException occurred
Message="Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed."
StackTrace:
at System.Uri.CreateThis()
at System.Uri..ctor()
at System.Net.WebProxy.CreateProxyUri()
at System.Net.WebProxy..ctor()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SubmitRequest()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.finishGetResponse()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse()
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.doInvoke()

Any ideas on how to get rid of that exception.

Thanks!

--steve