From: Robert Rappaport on
I have installed webmin-1.480 from SlackBuild to Slackware 12.2 on the
network computer I have set up as a web server - working as advertised. I
am trying to access it from another intranet computer using httpd
mod_proxy on a virtual host - ServerName webmin.spdwy.net on the server.
All is well so far - I get a webmin login screen. When I try to log in I
get "Security Warning http://localhost:10000/right.cgi?
open=system&open=status was linked to the URL http://webmin.spdwy.net/
which appears to be outside the webmin server. If this is a legitimate
link, you can allow links from this URL .." the suggested solution -
thru Webmin Configuration Module -> Trusted Referrers -> Trusted
websites. They suggest I type in localhost - Done - Still get "warning".
Then I add the host name.domain of the intranet computer I am trying to
setup as client - Still get "Warning". I am restarting webmin after each
attempt.

How can I get past the warning?

Thanks for any response.

Bob
From: Robert Rappaport on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:17:18 -0500, Robert Rappaport wrote:

> They suggest I type in localhost - Done - Still get "warning".
> Then I add the host name.domain of the intranet computer I am trying to
> setup as client - Still get "Warning". I am restarting webmin after
> each attempt.

The answer is type "referers=webmin.spdwy.net" at the bottom of
/etc/webmin/config. Now works.