From: dna on

"Ron" <BigELilE05(a)msn.com> wrote in message
On Dec 29, 4:32 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<a.nony.m...(a)example.invalid> wrote:
> dna wrote:
>
> >> I don't see a question in that sentence.
>
> >> I do see what might be an answer: "all I have to do is use the key
> >> from the boxed product" ...
>
> > So I just use the new serial number with the current exe file?
>
> That would be "as they say."
>
> Aside: I saw Webroot's anti-stuff software a few years ago. I didn't
> think much of it at the time. A former ISP of mine gave it away to
> customers, free download. I ended up deleting it after a couple days.
> Granted, that was not the current version.

Been using it since '05. Best there is IMO.

..
It caught some stuff that the freeware missed.

From: Ron on
On Dec 30, 2:31 pm, "dna" <nospam.original_...(a)nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
> "Ron" <BigELil...(a)msn.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 29, 4:32 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
>

> <a.nony.m...(a)example.invalid> wrote:
> > dna wrote:

> > > So I just use the new serial number with the current exe file?
>
> > That would be "as they say."
>
> > Aside: I saw Webroot's anti-stuff software a few years ago. I didn't
> > think much of it at the time. A former ISP of mine gave it away to
> > customers, free download. I ended up deleting it after a couple days.
> > Granted, that was not the current version.
>
> Been using it since '05. Best there is IMO.
>
> .
> It caught some stuff that the freeware missed.

And freeware might find something that it doesn't (nothing major
though). What separates SS from other tools is it's realtime
protection which features 16 different shields.
From: nobody on
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:41:57 -0000, "dna"
<nospam.original_dna(a)nospamyahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>My yearly license for said product is about to be expired. I have been given
>a retail copy, my question is that I already have a the exe file from
>Webroot as they say within my license period product up-dates are free, all
>I have to do is use the key from the boxed product to gain another year
>worth of database updates?
>
>thanks to all.

You can simply replace the key with one from a retail box.
Ctl-Alt-Shft+S and reset the application.
From: Ron on
On Dec 31, 1:15 am, nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:41:57 -0000, "dna"
>
> <nospam.original_...(a)nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hello all,
>
> >My yearly license for said product is about to be expired. I have been given
> >a retail copy, my question is that I already have a the exe file from
> >Webroot as they say within my license period product up-dates are free, all
> >I have to do is use the key from the boxed product to gain another year
> >worth of database updates?
>
> >thanks to all.

> You can simply replace the key with one from a retail box.
> Ctl-Alt-Shft+S and reset the application.

Huh? That does nothing, at least not on my computer.
From: nobody on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:32:12 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>dna wrote:

>>> I don't see a question in that sentence.
>>>
>>> I do see what might be an answer: "all I have to do is use the key
>>> from the boxed product" ...
>>
>> So I just use the new serial number with the current exe file?
>
>That would be "as they say."
>
>Aside: I saw Webroot's anti-stuff software a few years ago. I didn't
>think much of it at the time. A former ISP of mine gave it away to
>customers, free download. I ended up deleting it after a couple days.
>Granted, that was not the current version.

Spy Sweeper has been one of the best if not the best anti-spyware.