From: John Oliver on
OK, I have to set the stage here...

I used to have my paycheck direct-deposited into three accounts.
Checking at Credit Union, money market at Bank, and Roth IRA at bank.
None had automatic updates... I manually entered each transaction and
used Scheduled Transactions for the deposits. Everything worked fine.

Then, I replaced the money market with a savings account, got rid of the
direct deposit to the IRA, and set up a recurring transaction at my bank
to fund the IRA. I also got Update Now working, so I could just get
transactions from the bank over the Internet. I also got rid of the
scheduled transactions, because (supposedly) the transactions would show
up in the download.

Here's where things get a little weird. I downloaded all transactions
for the savings account, and got all but the transactions from savings
to the IRA. They just weren't there. On the paycheck side, the direct
deposit to savings was not there. It was weird... all deductions, etc.
showed up. The gross amount was right, all of the deductions were
right, the net deposit to checking was right. But the amount that was
supposed to be going to savings was just invisibly subtracted. When I
manually added them, they appeared as second transactions in savings.

First, by deleting the savings account entirely, then re-adding it, I
was able to get the transfers to the IRA to show up. They always showed
up in the IRA account, just not in savings. But I was stuck with two
copies of each direct deposit to savings. So I deleted the paychecks,
copied another instance, pasted it in, and edited for the correct date,
etc. Now, I wind up with two of each transfer into the IRA. I cannot
"match" them. In the Savings account, they'r eshowing up as expenses,
not transfers, even though I hunted down and deleted every renaming rule
that might have anything to do with them.

So, to recap, where it looks like I am now is downloaded transactions
from savings to IRA show up incorrectly in the savings account and show
up twice in the IRA account. Everything i do to try to fix this winds
up breaking something else. I'm close to the point of just creating a
new Quicken file and starting my entire financial history from scratch
from maybe the first of last month and give up the several years worth
of data in the existing file. All I can think is, there's some kind
of corruption in it somewhere.

Is there a way to fix or recover this?

From: Bob Wang on
John:
I would create a brand new test file, and only add the accounts involved
with your paycheck.
If you still have the problem, starting afresh is not going to solve it.
*IF* it DOES solve the problem, there still may be a less drastic way to
correct your present file.
Bob