From: Elliott Roper on
In article <6oo116lataoih4bt08qvhtdt1ll02gk3g8(a)4ax.com>, Griffin
<ned_griffin(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=231800
>
> Comments would be of interest.

You want more than what's on there already?

OK

My 5Dii, now 18 months old, has been trouble free over 20,000 shots.
I recently bought a Steadicam Merlin for it from Warehouse Express over
the web. First time I had used them. Price was right. Service was
faultless, next day delivery arrived on time.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: Robert Coe on
:
: Comments would be of interest.
:
: Griffin.

It seems to me that the major clue in this case is that the dealer is afraid
to send the camera back to Canon. I would infer that it's a gray-market camera
that wasn't sold as such. Which is probably why it didn't get fixed when the
original owner had it. (I assume it's obvious that the camera had been
returned by someone else earlier.) The fact that the purchaser seems reluctant
to cause too much trouble for the dealer may mean that she knew, or at least
suspected, that there was something shady about the deal from the beginning. I
wonder whether she paid anything like the going price.

I think I'll stick with B&H and Adorama.

Bob
From: Bowser on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:06:59 +0100, Griffin <ned_griffin(a)nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=231800
>
>Comments would be of interest.
>
>Griffin.

I've had mine for a while now and after 20K + shots not a single
problem.

Any manufacturer can produce bad samples. This guy sounds like he
should exchange it.