From: Jarek Duda on
I've recently found 30 old years David Apsel's article showing clear
experimental argument that electromagnetic field also causes time
dilation - such dilation is required to explain muon lifetimes in
muonic atoms:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/wtr11w113r22g346/

It's strong argument for unification theories - that electromagnetic
and gravitation interactions are not so qualitatively different as
general relativity says - that gravity doesn't have monopole for time
dilation and so probably also for other effects like redshift or
gravitational lensing ...
In another papers the author suggest this effect is the reason of
practically infinite neutron lifetime in deuteron
http://www.springerlink.com/content/p32t67t121351422/
or use it to explain observed pulsar behavior
http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0104025

What do you think about these arguments (especially muon decay) ?
Why these inconvenient for Einstein's picture arguments are just
ignored for 30 years??
From: Androcles on

"Jarek Duda" <dudajar(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've recently found 30 old years David Apsel's article showing clear
> experimental argument that electromagnetic field also causes time
> dilation

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!
De Camptown ladies sing dis song, Duda! Duda!
De Camptown race-track five miles long, Oh, Duda day!
I come down dah wid my hat caved in, Duda! Duda!
I go back home wid a pocket full of tin, Oh, Duda day!
Gwine to run all night!
Gwine to run all day!
I'll bet my money on de bob-tail nag,
Somebody bet on de time dilation.
What we need is a clear experimental argument!

From: Jarek Duda on
So please say what's wrong with these proposed&checked and suggest a
clearer experiment?
From: Androcles on

"Jarek Duda" <dudajar(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
Nothing at all.

Let me try again.

"Jarek Duda" <dudajar(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've recently found 30 old years David Apsel's article showing clear
> experimental argument that electromagnetic field also causes time
> dilation

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!
De Camptown ladies sing dis song, Duda! Duda!
De Camptown race-track five miles long, Oh, Duda day!
I come down dah wid my hat caved in, Duda! Duda!
I go back home wid a pocket full of tin, Oh, Duda day!
Gwine to run all night!
Gwine to run all day!
I'll bet my money on de bob-tail nag,
Somebody bet on de time dilation.
What we need is a clear experimental argument!

Yes, I did manage to include his original statement...

From: Sue... on
On Jan 8, 3:34 am, Jarek Duda <duda...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently found 30 old years David Apsel's article showing clear
> experimental argument that electromagnetic field also causes time
> dilation - such dilation is required to explain muon lifetimes in
> muonic atoms:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/wtr11w113r22g346/

> It's strong argument for unification theories - that electromagnetic
> and gravitation interactions are not so qualitatively different as
> general relativity says - that gravity doesn't have monopole for time
> dilation and so probably also for other effects like redshift or
> gravitational lensing ...
> In another papers the author suggest this effect is the reason of
> practically infinite neutron lifetime in deuteron

http://www.springerlink.com/content/p32t67t121351422/
> or use it to explain observed pulsar behavior

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0104025

> What do you think about these arguments (especially muon decay) ?
> Why these inconvenient for Einstein's picture arguments are just
> ignored for 30 years??

Until violations of certain fundamental symmetries are acceptable
in physical theory anything promising "free time" has to find
some matching "free energy" to have any credibility.

<< Application of Noether's theorem allows physicists to
gain powerful insights into any general theory in physics,
by just analyzing the various transformations that would
make the form of the laws involved invariant. For example:

* the invariance of physical systems with respect
to spatial translation (in other words, that the laws
of physics do not vary with locations in space) gives
the law of conservation of linear momentum;
* invariance with respect to rotation gives the law
of conservation of angular momentum;
* invariance with respect to time translation gives
the well-known law of conservation of energy >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether%27s_theorem#Applications

Correcting known defects is usually more fruitful that
extrapolating from the defects. ;-)

E. Noether's Discovery of the Deep Connection Between
Symmetries and Conservation Laws
Authors: Nina Byers
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/9807044

Before accepting the muon's sensitivity to the speed of light
a something anomalous, you might want to gain some familiarity
with the role played by the muon's better known cousin in establishing
the speed of light.
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Constants/alpha.html

Sue...