From: Pierre Joye on
which webserver do you use?

--
Pierre

From: "Keith Davis" on
IIS 7 on my dev machine, which is what I am testing on. The prod server
is IIS 6.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

--
Pierre

From: Ruslan Yakushev on
The PHP docs has information on how impersonation is configured on IIS6: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis6.php

and on IIS7 : http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php . Look for the section called "Impersonation and File System Access".

From: "Keith Davis" on
Oh, I get it. Well, that is a problem. We need that enabled. We are
writing to files across the network in some cases. So, what's the
solution. I know my user account has access to that printer.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

--
Pierre

From: Venkat Raman Don on
When you have fastcgi.impersonate set to 1, IIS tries to impersonate the security token of the calling client. This means, for example if an IIS site has 'Anonymous' authentication off and let's say Windows authentication on, 'Windows' authenticated user will be impersonated by PHP main thread and all the files and other system resource will be accessed using the authenticated Windows user security tokens. So if that user/credential doesn't have permission to access a resource it will fail.

In your case it seems after fastcgi.imersonate is set, the credential/secutrity token impersonated of the user has credential to access the printer.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Don.

--