From: Angus on
I want to be able to write to a subfolder I create in that directory. Will
all users be able to write to this folder even if they are not
administrators?

Is situation different in workgroup as opposed to domain?

Angus

From: Ramesh, MS-MVP on
Not sure about domain environment, but here is the info for workgroups. This might be the case in a system connected to a domain also, unless the administrator has modified the default Permissions:

Standard Users have the following Permissions:

1. Read & Execute
2. List Folder Contents
3. Read

And the following Special Permissions:

1. Create Files / Write Data
2. Create Folders / Append Data
3. Write Attributes
4. Write Extended Attributes

-----------------
Report from CACLS.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
BUILTIN\Power Users:(OI)(CI)C
BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R
BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)

FILE_WRITE_DATA
FILE_APPEND_DATA
FILE_WRITE_EA
FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

--
Regards,

"Angus" <nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tjzfcaVHHA.1212(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
I want to be able to write to a subfolder I create in that directory. Will
all users be able to write to this folder even if they are not
administrators?

Is situation different in workgroup as opposed to domain?

Angus

Pages: 1
Prev: Error message
Next: windows live messenger