From: Luuk on
Op 11-1-2010 21:43, Lewis Perin schreef:
> nameless <xsatellitex(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>>
>> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.
>
> Well, there's Lynx.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin / perin(a)acm.org
> http://www.panix.com/~perin/babelcarp.html

The question was about "not supporting"

not about any text browser that are available....

--
Luuk
From: Matt Kruse on
On Jan 11, 1:51 pm, nameless <xsatelli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> What browser doesn't support ajax ?

IE6 with ActiveX disabled. That's probably the most common case you'll
come across, of browsers that won't do ajax.

Matt Kruse
From: slebetman on
On Jan 12, 4:47 am, Luuk <l...(a)invalid.lan> wrote:
> Op 11-1-2010 21:43, Lewis Perin schreef:
>
> > nameless <xsatelli...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>
> >> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.
>
> > Well, there's Lynx.
>
> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin / pe...(a)acm.org
> >http://www.panix.com/~perin/babelcarp.html
>
> The question was about "not supporting"
>
> not about any text browser that are available....

Lynx is a browser that does not support Ajax thus directly answers the
question about "not supporting".
From: kangax on
On 1/11/10 3:47 PM, slebetman wrote:
> On Jan 12, 3:51 am, nameless<xsatelli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>>
>> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.
>>
>> Thanks ^_^
>
> 1. Many very old browsers. Though most people can ignore this, you
> sometimes need to deliver products to institutions/government
> departments with old and outdated equipment with no budget to upgrade
> but with enough budget to actually buy/use your product.
>
> 2. Ultra-lightweight modern browsers like Hv3: http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/hv3.html
>
> 3. Browsers with javascript turned off. Though this is getting rarer,
> some programmers still do this. But this leads us to:
>
> 4. Firefox with NoScript installed and has a whitelist configured
> which does not include your site. This is slightly more serious
> because NoScript is one of the most popular Firefox extension. A lot
> of people use it, not just developers.
>
> 5. Most text browsers like Lynx. Though people who prefer text
> browsers really should be using Elinks compiled with Spidermonkey
> which IIRC does support XMLHttpRequest.
>
> As obvious from the above, these browsers are in the minority. But
> except for number 1, the people using the browsers above are generally
> very tech oriented people who tend to be a coveted demographics.

Don't forget about users with disabilities. As recent survey
demonstrates
(<http://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey2/#javascript>), a
noticeable percentage of screen reader users browse with Javascript
disabled.

And of course there are browsers that _do support_ Javascript (and
possibly have it enabled) but are behind (corporate) firewalls/proxies
which strip SCRIPT elements.

--
kangax
From: David Mark on
On Jan 11, 8:00 pm, Matt Kruse <m...(a)thekrusefamily.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 1:51 pm, nameless <xsatelli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>
> IE6 with ActiveX disabled. That's probably the most common case you'll
> come across, of browsers that won't do ajax.

And another common case you will come across is lousy libraries (e.g.
jQuery) that failed to account for it.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Error getElementbyClassName