From: nameless on
What browser doesn't support ajax ?

I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.

Thanks ^_^
From: Luuk on
Op 11-1-2010 20:51, nameless schreef:
> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>
> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.
>

> Thanks ^_^

Here is is (between start and end):
<start of list>
</end of list>

--
Luuk
From: Lasse Reichstein Nielsen on
Luuk <luuk(a)invalid.lan> writes:

> Op 11-1-2010 20:51, nameless schreef:
>> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>>
>> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.

> Here is is (between start and end):
> <start of list>
> </end of list>

What? No Netscape 1?
/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Holst Nielsen

From: Lewis Perin on
nameless <xsatellitex(a)gmail.com> writes:

> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>
> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.

Well, there's Lynx.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin / perin(a)acm.org
From: slebetman on
On Jan 12, 3:51 am, nameless <xsatelli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> What browser doesn't support ajax ?
>
> I need a list of browser that doesn't support ajax.
>
> Thanks ^_^

1. Many very old browsers. Though most people can ignore this, you
sometimes need to deliver products to institutions/government
departments with old and outdated equipment with no budget to upgrade
but with enough budget to actually buy/use your product.

2. Ultra-lightweight modern browsers like Hv3: http://tkhtml.tcl.tk/hv3.html

3. Browsers with javascript turned off. Though this is getting rarer,
some programmers still do this. But this leads us to:

4. Firefox with NoScript installed and has a whitelist configured
which does not include your site. This is slightly more serious
because NoScript is one of the most popular Firefox extension. A lot
of people use it, not just developers.

5. Most text browsers like Lynx. Though people who prefer text
browsers really should be using Elinks compiled with Spidermonkey
which IIRC does support XMLHttpRequest.

As obvious from the above, these browsers are in the minority. But
except for number 1, the people using the browsers above are generally
very tech oriented people who tend to be a coveted demographics.