From: EXCEL USER EXCEL on
Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not copy and
paste from one excel workbook or file to another.

How can I make the paste function work again? When I am in a work book, or
click on Edit, the "paste" option is not highlighted on the toolbar.

From: Matt Geare on
Sounds like a worksheet protection issue - check that the worksheet where the
paste button is disabled is not protected.

From: PhilUK on

EXCEL USER;938253 Wrote:
> Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not
> copy and
> paste from one excel workbook or file to another.
>
> How can I make the paste function work again? When I am in a work book,
> or
> click on Edit, the "paste" option is not highlighted on the toolbar.

Do you have Charles Williams FasteExcel addin installed?
Are you using the Active Workbook mode in the Calculation Options and
settings?

While this is active you cannot copy and paste between workbooks

I found this out from personal experience! It is mentioned in the help
file but "blokes" don't read intructions do we?

--
PhilUK