From: John Doe on
Your opinion is duly noted.

From: a?n?g?e?l lovergirl.lrigrevol.moc.com (The little lost angel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Subject: Re: What do all these memory related BIOS settings actually mean and do!?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:10:13 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:24:16 GMT, John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid>
wrote:

>Off-topic cross post that could have been kept in the immediately
>prior cross post about the same subject.

He wastes less bandwidth and is easier to read than
you-who-top-post-including-all-headers-for-who-knows-why. :P

--
A Lost Angel, fallen from heaven
Lost in dreams, Lost in aspirations,

From: max on
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:24:16 GMT, John Doe <jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid>
wrote:

>Off-topic cross post that could have been kept in the immediately
>prior cross post about the same subject.

Somebody must have left the troll-bait out overnight, and now look
what's happened.

Hey, what's your favorite kind of fan?

max

From: kony on
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:43:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>kony <spam(a)spam.com> wrote
>> Steven O. <null(a)null.com> wrote
>
>>> As discussed in another post, I recently put together a new PC with
>>> the ASUS A8N-E Motherboard. The MB has the NVIDIA nForce 4 Ultra
>>> chip set, and a Phoenix-Award BIOS (Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG,
>>> 04/07/06, also listed as ASUS A8N-E ACPI BIOS Revision 1013).
>>> The processor is the AMD Athlon 64 3500+, External clock 200 MHz.
>>> Memory: 1 Gig of Corsair Memory CMX512-3200C2PT
>>> (2 x 500 Meg DDR 400 chips)
>
>>> Unfortunately, the manual that comes with the board does not
>>> clearly explain several key BIOS parameters related to system
>>> performance. I have searched the ASUS, AMD, NVIDIA, and
>>> Phoenix-Award web sites in vain for detailed discussion.
>
>> Most boards nowadays (except OEM targeted models)
>> have these features, but they are deliberately set to
>> defaults which might be conservative, but nevertheless
>> are your best bet for proper system operation
>
>That is mutually contradictory. If the settings are conservative, by definition
>that is not necessarily the best bet for proper system operation.

Quite wrong, the best bet is always the most conservative
one. The bet with the highest payoff, entails the higher
risk.

There's an old saying, "IF you have to ask..."
From: Rod Speed on
kony <spam(a)spam.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> kony <spam(a)spam.com> wrote
>>> Steven O. <null(a)null.com> wrote

>>> Most boards nowadays (except OEM targeted models)
>>> have these features, but they are deliberately set to
>>> defaults which might be conservative, but nevertheless
>>> are your best bet for proper system operation

>> That is mutually contradictory. If the settings are conservative, by
>> definition that is not necessarily the best bet for proper system operation.

> Quite wrong,

We'll see...

> the best bet is always the most conservative one.

Quite wrong. That wont give the best performance by definition.

> The bet with the highest payoff, entails the higher risk.

Quite wrong, ALL you need to do is ensure that you are
still operating within the parameters that the hardware
manufacture has guaranteed the device will operate with.

> There's an old saying, "IF you have to ask..."

Just more mindlessly superficial silly stuff.

From: John Doe on
That's one of the problems with cross posting.

From: max <maxicon13 yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:07:57 GMT

wrote:

>Off-topic cross post that could have been kept in the immediately
>prior cross post about the same subject.

Somebody must have left the troll-bait out overnight, and now look
what's happened.

Hey, what's your favorite kind of fan?

max

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: AWD64GB
Next: Max size limit on MicroDIMM memory modules?