From: peter on
I get a weird error message when I try to run a make table query, but yet the
same query will work as a select query. I know the file isn't currupt, as
I've used different versions of the database. The full error message reads:

Cannot open database ". It may not be a database that your application
recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

From: Jerry Whittle on
Please post the SQL statement for the query. Maybe we can figure out
something from it.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Bob Barrows on
peter wrote:
> I get a weird error message when I try to run a make table query, but
> yet the same query will work as a select query. I know the file isn't
> currupt, as I've used different versions of the database. The full
> error message reads:
>
> Cannot open database ". It may not be a database that your application
> recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

Permissions issue? All users of a database file require Modify
permissions for the folder containing the database file if multi-user
activity is required.

Is the database read-only?

I've only ever seen this error message when access remote databases or
from external applications. Is this query attempting to make a table in
another database file?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=error+%22cannot+open+database+''%22+%22It+may+not+be+a+database+that+your+application+recognizes%22Access&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
--
HTH,