From: Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry on
It never worked ...

So, I set \widctlpar in the document Defaults, And that does-work, just
fine....

Ergo, \widowctrl has no effect....

What does \widowctrl actually do?

Ray.
From: Neron on

\nowidctlpar
No widow/orphan control. This is a paragraph-level property and is used
to override the document-level \widowctrl.
\widctlpar
Widow/orphan control is used for the current paragraph. This is a
paragraph property used to override the absence of the document-level
\widowctrl

Also see "http://www.biblioscape.com/rtf15_spec.htm"

--
Neron
From: Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry on
READ THE THREAD POST.

On-or-Off, the \widowctrl has no effect. All effect is gained by \widctlpar
et al.