From: spike1 on
And verily, didst Robert Baker <korax1214(a)gmail.com> hastily babble thusly:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:22:00 +0000, spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
>
>>The original message is just a hypocritical pile of shite and he's tarring
>>himself with the same brush. Serious computer indeed. It's an obsolete "25
>>year old toy" too after all.
>>
>>Prolly best to just ignore it, it's not really worthy of serious comment.
>
> Especially since the OP is under the impression that only gays have
> boyfriends -- come off it, surely even Arnold J. Rimmer knows that
> straight women have them as well...
>
> (Also, the original message was posted using the "X-No-Archive" aka
> "my posts aren't worth reading" header, another dead giveaway...)

I always see it as the "I hope my employer doesn't see this" header.
--
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
From: Jurgen Defurne on
Op Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:37:25 -0500, schreef Andreas Kohlbach:

> spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote on 18. January 2010:
>>
>> And verily, didst Andreas Kohlbach <ank(a)spamfence.net> hastily babble
>> thusly:

>>> Lart on Gnus. :-)
>>>
>>> Okay, this temporary lowers the score for an author. Lsrt would do it
>>> with the subject.
>>
>> So *THAT'S* why people use the term "lart"... thought it was just some
>> weird american thing.
>> :)
>
> I am not sure if *this* was it where LART comes from. I was usually
> lowering scores of subjects if it was not interesting for me, but am
> some point wanted to get rid of a guy which was annoying and changed the
> From all week. I was smiling as I realized what I typed there then.
>
>> Never used gnus, always been a tin bloke meself.
>
> It's never too late. ;-)

LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool!
From: Andreas Kohlbach on
Jurgen Defurne wrote on 19. January 2010:

> LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool!

Something like this. ;-)

L ower (score)
A uthor
R egular Expression
T emprorary

While it's Lart, so with capital l.
--
Andreas
My Commodore 64 classic game music page at
From: Martijn van Buul on
* Andreas Kohlbach:
> Jurgen Defurne wrote on 19. January 2010:
>>
>> LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool!
>
> Something like this. ;-)
>
> L ower (score)
> A uthor
> R egular Expression
> T emprorary
>
> While it's Lart, so with capital l.

Which reeks like a backronym.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino(a)dohd.org
From: spike1 on
And verily, didst Martijn van Buul <pino(a)dohd.org> hastily babble thusly:
> * Andreas Kohlbach:
>> Jurgen Defurne wrote on 19. January 2010:
>>>
>>> LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool!
>>
>> Something like this. ;-)
>>
>> L ower (score)
>> A uthor
>> R egular Expression
>> T emprorary
>>
>> While it's Lart, so with capital l.
>
> Which reeks like a backronym.

Ahhh but which is the backronym? The function or the NERF bat?
:)
--
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |