From: - Bobb - on
I'm buying 2 memory sticks and they are advertised as " $45 - with a " $20
rebate".
I hate buying then applying for a rebate, so prior to buying I checked and
see THIS:

http://www.microcenter.com/rebates/rebate_show.phtml?id=42112
"Restrictions: Limit one rebate card per qualifying purchase per unique
product. Limit one rebate card per product line per household. Maximum
rebate card value $30.00 per submission per household."

and then
http://corsairmemory.rebateaccess.com/promotion.pxml?p=27335
" There is a limit of one (1) redemption per item, per person, household or
address. "

Not being a rebate lawyer myself, how would you read that?

Would I ( being one person) get $40 back ($20 each) - or $20 TOTAL since
there is a "limit" of. (1) redemption per item, per address".
Or $30 if I put both slips in one envelope, but $40 if I use 2 stamps ?

From: Alex Clayton on
"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
> I'm buying 2 memory sticks and they are advertised as " $45 - with a " $20
> rebate".
> I hate buying then applying for a rebate, so prior to buying I checked and
> see THIS:
>
> http://www.microcenter.com/rebates/rebate_show.phtml?id=42112
> "Restrictions: Limit one rebate card per qualifying purchase per unique
> product. Limit one rebate card per product line per household. Maximum
> rebate card value $30.00 per submission per household."
>
> and then
> http://corsairmemory.rebateaccess.com/promotion.pxml?p=27335
> " There is a limit of one (1) redemption per item, per person, household
> or address. "
>
> Not being a rebate lawyer myself, how would you read that?
>
> Would I ( being one person) get $40 back ($20 each) - or $20 TOTAL since
> there is a "limit" of. (1) redemption per item, per address".
> Or $30 if I put both slips in one envelope, but $40 if I use 2 stamps ?

It means buy it somewhere else. <G>
The bottom line is it means whatever they want it to mean. rebates are and
have always been a big con. They are banking that a lot of them will never
be claimed. Back when PC's were still quite expensive I bought a few that
came with 2 or 3 hundred bucks in rebates. Often the printer would have
multiple rebates on it, with those same words. I would file each rebate as
told and always got them all. Many people get shafted, and the idea is they
hope if they turn you down you will just give up, as most do.
If you give the kind memory you are trying to buy, someone may be able to
point you to a deal from a reputable place that will give the same price
with out the hassle. If not, all you can do is try to follow the
instructions as best you can ad wait and see what happens.
--
If we are what we eat, I'm cheap, fast, and easy.

From: James D. Andrews on

"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
> I'm buying 2 memory sticks and they are advertised as " $45 - with a " $20
> rebate".
> I hate buying then applying for a rebate, so prior to buying I checked and
> see THIS:
>
> http://www.microcenter.com/rebates/rebate_show.phtml?id=42112
> "Restrictions: Limit one rebate card per qualifying purchase per unique
> product. Limit one rebate card per product line per household. Maximum
> rebate card value $30.00 per submission per household."
>
> and then
> http://corsairmemory.rebateaccess.com/promotion.pxml?p=27335
> " There is a limit of one (1) redemption per item, per person, household
> or address. "
>
> Not being a rebate lawyer myself, how would you read that?
>
> Would I ( being one person) get $40 back ($20 each) - or $20 TOTAL since
> there is a "limit" of. (1) redemption per item, per address".
> Or $30 if I put both slips in one envelope, but $40 if I use 2 stamps ?

Go ahead and submit both, but from the wording, I believe you're only going
to get one.

Rebates suck! Just put the **** thing on sale.

From: Alex Clayton on
"James D. Andrews" <jamesdandrews(a)att.net> wrote in message

> Go ahead and submit both, but from the wording, I believe you're only
> going to get one.
>
> Rebates suck! Just put the **** thing on sale.

The whole reason they don't is if it's on sale everyone gets the sale price.
If they advertize it at "was $99.98, but now is 49.98" with the fine print
mentioning the rebate is the reason, a lot of people will buy, and of those
a lot will either never send in the rebate, or will do it wrong and when the
check never comes just forget about it. I have noticed this seems to have
lost favor a lot due to so many people getting mad. You don't seem to see it
on PC's like it used to be. It used to be that every Sunday all the big
names had something PC on sale and almost always it was a rebate, or
rebates. Now most of them seem to be just on sale.
--
If we are what we eat, I'm cheap, fast, and easy.

Pages: 1
Prev: NVIDIA graphics driver poblem
Next: netbook repair