From: nexolite on
Hi,

I have this question in my mind from a long time and not being able to find
the answer...

How is actually skining done? .. Is it about taking the device context of
any control and then writing your own drawing code or there is other API or
way meant for skining itself?

I know about various components in market for skinning but here I want to
know how those components achieve it!

Thanks
From: Tom Serface on
I think it's done a number of ways, but the code I use subclasses the
controls and does "owner drawing" of the control itself so they code can
make the control look like whatever it wants.

I found this simple example of skinning a dialog that may be instructional
for you:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/ezskin.aspx

The new MFC Feature Pack provides some theming capability as well.

Tom