From: Now that is one happy monkey. on
You hear it all the time in movies or on TV, most often as a cliche,
"(so-and-so) doesn't know the meaning of surrender. Another version
goes, "failure" is not in (so-and-so's) vocabulary. But think for a
minute, really think, what if the word "error" did not exist in the
English or any language, how might a thinker with a bit of imagination
and intellect, or perhaps ingenuity, seize those five little letters
dreaded by end-users and use them to innovate or create anew in the
realm between personage and machine?
From: Shrikeback on
On Apr 6, 6:45 pm, "Now that is one happy monkey."
<marty.musa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> You hear it all the time in movies or on TV, most often as a cliche,
> "(so-and-so) doesn't know the meaning of surrender. Another version
> goes, "failure" is not in (so-and-so's) vocabulary. But think for a
> minute, really think, what if the word "error" did not exist in the
> English or any language, how might a thinker with a bit of imagination
> and intellect, or perhaps ingenuity, seize those five little letters
> dreaded by end-users and use them to innovate or create anew in the
> realm between personage and machine?

Our products do not have errors, because we don't
use that word. We use the phrase, "unwanted features."
From: Now that is one happy monkey. on
On Apr 6, 8:09 pm, Shrikeback <shrikeb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 6, 6:45 pm, "Now that is one happy monkey."
>
> <marty.musa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > You hear it all the time in movies or on TV, most often as a cliche,
> > "(so-and-so) doesn't know the meaning of surrender. Another version
> > goes, "failure" is not in (so-and-so's) vocabulary. But think for a
> > minute, really think, what if the word "error" did not exist in the
> > English or any language, how might a thinker with a bit of imagination
> > and intellect, or perhaps ingenuity, seize those five little letters
> > dreaded by end-users and use them to innovate or create anew in the
> > realm between personage and machine?
>
> Our products do not have errors, because we don't
> use that word.  We use the phrase, "unwanted features."

Now this I like, very clever and very cool.(a)shrikeback

http://meami.org
From: Zerkon on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:45:09 -0700, Now that is one happy monkey. wrote:

> You hear it all the time in movies or on TV, most often as a cliche,
> "(so-and-so) doesn't know the meaning of surrender. Another version
> goes, "failure" is not in (so-and-so's) vocabulary. But think for a
> minute, really think, what if the word "error" did not exist in the
> English or any language, how might a thinker with a bit of imagination
> and intellect, or perhaps ingenuity, seize those five little letters
> dreaded by end-users and use them to innovate or create anew in the
> realm between personage and machine?

I always liked "A Call for growth" the best. Close second "that's a
hardware (or software) problem, sorry can't help you"
From: Link on
On Apr 7, 5:32 am, Zerkon <Z...(a)erkonx.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:45:09 -0700, Now that is one happy monkey. wrote:
>
> > You hear it all the time in movies or on TV, most often as a cliche,
> > "(so-and-so) doesn't know the meaning of surrender. Another version
> > goes, "failure" is not in (so-and-so's) vocabulary. But think for a
> > minute, really think, what if the word "error" did not exist in the
> > English or any language, how might a thinker with a bit of imagination
> > and intellect, or perhaps ingenuity, seize those five little letters
> > dreaded by end-users and use them to innovate or create anew in the
> > realm between personage and machine?
>
> I always liked "A Call for growth" the best. Close second "that's a
> hardware (or software)  problem, sorry can't help you"

What specifically are you referring to by "A Call for growth", please?

Thank you,
meami.org