From: siljaline on
Another Rogue, removal instructions, details for Experts, etc.
<http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58630>

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

| Another Rogue, removal instructions, details for Experts, etc.
| <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58630>

You can post another 100 with all the new rogues. There are purchasable kits to roll your
own.

--
Dave

From: siljaline on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>
>
> | Another Rogue, removal instructions, details for Experts, etc.
> | <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58630>
>
> You can post another 100 with all the new rogues. There are purchasable kits to roll your
> own.

Just passing these along as a courtesy to the MBAM folks, Dave.

Was not aware that Rogue A-V's could be rolled out of available software.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

>> | Another Rogue, removal instructions, details for Experts, etc.
>> | <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58630>

>> You can post another 100 with all the new rogues. There are purchasable kits to roll
>> your
>> own.

| Just passing these along as a courtesy to the MBAM folks, Dave.

| Was not aware that Rogue A-V's could be rolled out of available software.

For sure. That's why there are so many and some have very similar GUI's.

--
Dave

From: siljaline on
Bottom line, Dave - folks need to know - old timers like you and me and many others find
this sorta thing a bit mundane and I do agree.

I suppose the roll your own UI is OK for the Rogue A-V purveyors but not for those Joe Users
with crappy security and security settings.

I'd sonner post something that would make a user aware of a great freeware app like MBAM
than hearing from someone asking where is the best place to have an HJT Log looked at.

Many boards are going away from HJT, btw - I still use it.

Regards,

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

 |  Next  |  Last