From: Charles78 on
I have been seeing this error with users that share workbooks between Excel
2000 and 2007. I what the error is...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213904 and I know how to fix it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247933

What I think is happening is that something the uses are doing is causing
the creation of 1000's of custom cell formats. What I don't know is how
these are being inadvertently created. Anyone have any idea as to the root
cause of this issue? I thought my Google skills were up to par but so far,
I find lots of references to the solution but none to what is causing it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles

Charles F Scott, PMP MCTS

From: teylyn on

check out

'You receive a "Too many different cell formats" error message
in Excel' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213904)

hth

Teylyn

--