From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import external data into excel?
http://www.hkex.com.hk/markdata/quot/d091103e.htm#short_selling
When I try to import the external link into excel, I wait forever, and
cannot retrieve the data at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what
wrong it is?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion
Eric
From: Eric on
When I import following link into excel, because the web page is too long,
the imported data is missing short_selling section, because of the limitation
on the number of row for Excel 2003.

http://www.hkex.com.hk/markdata/quot/d091102e.htm#short_selling

Does anyone have any suggestions on import a selected section of web page
into excel?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

From: Bill Sharpe on
Eric wrote:
> When I import following link into excel, because the web page is too long,
> the imported data is missing short_selling section, because of the limitation
> on the number of row for Excel 2003.
>
> http://www.hkex.com.hk/markdata/quot/d091102e.htm#short_selling
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on import a selected section of web page
> into excel?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import external data into excel?
>> http://www.hkex.com.hk/markdata/quot/d091103e.htm#short_selling
>> When I try to import the external link into excel, I wait forever, and
>> cannot retrieve the data at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what
>> wrong it is?
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestion
>> Eric

Excel 2007 has 1,000,000 rows. You might also try highlighting the rows
you are interested in on the website(assuming you don't need all of
them), copying to the clipboard, then pasting into Excel.

Bill