From: Drax on
I just found drmHeader.bin on c: but, I have know idea what it is or how
it got there? I ran Ad-Aware and SUPERAntiSpyware yet, they don't see
anything wrong?

Anyone know anything about drmHeader.bin?

Thanks :)
From: webster72n on

"Drax" <Drax(a)hell.com> wrote in message
> I just found drmHeader.bin on c: but, I have know idea what it is or how
> it got there? I ran Ad-Aware and SUPERAntiSpyware yet, they don't see
> anything wrong?
>
> Anyone know anything about drmHeader.bin?

I noticed Adobe has a DRM Activator, but it could very well be a backdoor
trojan or something similar. Some people deleted the file with no ill
consequences.
Why not do some research on your own and then decide, after you've made sure
the file doesn't belong with any particular program.

Harry.

From: Drax on
"webster72n" <webster72n(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:fkkr03$30l$1
@aioe.org:

> "Drax" <Drax(a)hell.com> wrote in message
>> I just found drmHeader.bin on c: but, I have know idea what it is
>> or how it got there? I ran Ad-Aware and SUPERAntiSpyware yet, they
>> don't see anything wrong?
>>
>> Anyone know anything about drmHeader.bin?
>
> I noticed Adobe has a DRM Activator, but it could very well be a
> backdoor trojan or something similar. Some people deleted the file
> with no ill consequences.
> Why not do some research on your own and then decide, after you've
> made sure the file doesn't belong with any particular program.
>
> Harry.

I have searched, tons of websites talk about it yet, none say what it
does. I got it on the 20th yet, I install no new software that day.
Searching with RegEdit shows nothing linked to it. I sent it to many
AV labs and they all said it a Data file and could be linked to
sypware.
From: David W. Hodgins on
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 00:19:30 -0500, webster72n <webster72n(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed Adobe has a DRM Activator, but it could very well be a backdoor

DRM can stand for Digital Rights Management, or Direct Rendering Manager.

Makes a difference, which is being used.

From: webster72n on

> "webster72n" <webster72n(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:fkkr03$30l$1
> @aioe.org:
>

> > "Drax" <Drax(a)hell.com> wrote in message
> >> I just found drmHeader.bin on c: but, I have know idea what it is
> >> or how it got there? I ran Ad-Aware and SUPERAntiSpyware yet, they
> >> don't see anything wrong?
> >>
> >> Anyone know anything about drmHeader.bin?
> >
> > I noticed Adobe has a DRM Activator, but it could very well be a
> > backdoor trojan or something similar. Some people deleted the file
> > with no ill consequences.
> > Why not do some research on your own and then decide, after you've
> > made sure the file doesn't belong with any particular program.
> >
> > Harry.
>
> I have searched, tons of websites talk about it yet, none say what it
> does. I got it on the 20th yet, I install no new software that day.
> Searching with RegEdit shows nothing linked to it. I sent it to many
> AV labs and they all said it a Data file and could be linked to
> sypware.

All indication seems to point in that direction.
If you have HijackThis, scan your pc with it and send the results to the
proper source for evaluation. Take action according to their professional
advice.
Simply deleting the file may not be enough.

"Some 'nuts' are harder to crack than others."