From: bokiteam on
Thanks for information :)

Best regards,
Boki.

From: Ralph D. Ungermann on
James Dennett wrote:
> Interesting: I much prefer that to the modern practice of
> writing assert(false) in theoretically unreachable places.

Ever tried something like

assert( !"Oops: Can't remove object -- list is empty." );

The assert macro prints the offended expression. So you'll get some
sorce code documentation and a useful message for free!

Ralph

From: Mike Wahler on

"Ralph D. Ungermann" <ungermann(a)z.zgs.de> wrote in message
> James Dennett wrote:
>> Interesting: I much prefer that to the modern practice of
>> writing assert(false) in theoretically unreachable places.
>
> Ever tried something like
>
> assert( !"Oops: Can't remove object -- list is empty." );
>
> The assert macro prints the offended expression. So you'll get some sorce
> code documentation and a useful message for free!

But the above does not test for the offending condition.

-Mike

From: osmium on
"Mike Wahler" writes:

> "Ralph D. Ungermann" <ungermann(a)z.zgs.de> wrote in message
>> James Dennett wrote:
>>> Interesting: I much prefer that to the modern practice of
>>> writing assert(false) in theoretically unreachable places.
>>
>> Ever tried something like
>>
>> assert( !"Oops: Can't remove object -- list is empty." );
>>
>> The assert macro prints the offended expression. So you'll get some sorce
>> code documentation and a useful message for free!
>
> But the above does not test for the offending condition.

No need to test. He is already in an unreachable place, that was part of
the set up.

It's new to me and I like it!

From: Mike Wahler on

"osmium" <r124c4u102(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Mike Wahler" writes:
>
>> "Ralph D. Ungermann" <ungermann(a)z.zgs.de> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Ever tried something like
>>>
>>> assert( !"Oops: Can't remove object -- list is empty." );
>>>
>>> The assert macro prints the offended expression. So you'll get some
>>> sorce code documentation and a useful message for free!
>>
>> But the above does not test for the offending condition.
>
> No need to test. He is already in an unreachable place, that was part of
> the set up.

OK, apparently I wasn't sure of context.

> It's new to me and I like it!

Me too.

-Mike

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last