From: Sam Wormley on
xxein(a)bellsouth.net wrote:
> On May 24, 5:54 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:

>> aether
>> o current and successful theories don't require an aether
>> o none is detectable
>> o no properties are ascribed or measured
>> o it's a dead concept

aether
> ' current and successful theories are limited to a subjective
> measurement (of what?)

> ' empty space cannot define position, velocity, nor
> acceleration without a
> connection through a media

Position and Velocity are *always* with respect to something
else! There is no state of absolute rest or motion. And my
brain is not dead yet.

From: The_Man on
On May 24, 7:08 pm, Eric Gisse <jowr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 24, 3:45 pm, x...(a)bellsouth.net wrote:

> > > aether
> > > o current and successful theories don't require an aether
> > > o none is detectable
> > > o no properties are ascribed or measured
> > > o it's a dead concept
>
> > xxein: aether
> > ' current and successful theories are limited to a subjective
> > measurement (of what?)
> > ' empty space cannot define position, velocity, nor
> > acceleration without a
> > connection through a media
>
> A limitation only on your part.
>
> Tell me, what is your current level of education in physics?

He might be able to SPELL physics on a good day....

From: Koobee Wublee on
On May 24, 3:55 pm, Eric Gisse <jowr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> The aether is a concept accepted by those whose knowledge of physics
> ranges from "none" to "very little".

The aether is unknowingly accepted by those who abide to GR as a
religion.

In 1908, when Minkowski presented the spacetime equation, for the
first time the model of the Aether is identified according to the
Goettingen group which included Kline, Hilbert, Schwarzschild, and
Minkowski himself. Since SR does not manifest the concept of
spacetime because the Lorentz transform forbids the mathematical
mathematical model of spacetime, GR had a big disconnect with SR.

The GR folks should jump up and down for joy because the mathematical
model of the Aether is identified as the equation of spacetime
itself. Instead, they choose to deny GR having anything to do with
the Aether 'till this day. <shrug>

From: Laurent on
On May 24, 8:02 pm, Koobee Wublee <koobee.wub...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 24, 3:55 pm, Eric Gisse <jowr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The aether is a concept accepted by those whose knowledge of physics
> > ranges from "none" to "very little".
>
> The aether is unknowingly accepted by those who abide to GR as a
> religion.
>
> In 1908, when Minkowski presented the spacetime equation, for the
> first time the model of the Aether is identified according to the
> Goettingen group which included Kline, Hilbert, Schwarzschild, and
> Minkowski himself. Since SR does not manifest the concept of
> spacetime because the Lorentz transform forbids the mathematical
> mathematical model of spacetime, GR had a big disconnect with SR.
>
> The GR folks should jump up and down for joy because the mathematical
> model of the Aether is identified as the equation of spacetime
> itself. Instead, they choose to deny GR having anything to do with
> the Aether 'till this day. <shrug>

Correct, that's why Einstein also called it "The Gravitational Ether"
as he claimed the universe is one single process, one single field.
That's why everything is related.

These guys think they know physics but when you ask them why is it
that the properties of any object in motion depend on the objects
around it they can't without admiting wholeness and
interconnectedness. You know, like covariance, why is there
covariance? Why can't an object travel at near light speed without
time dilation or space contractions in relation to other objects?
Could it be because energy is finite and the propagation speed of
fields need to remain constant in order for matter to hold together?
heheh, they can't even answer that!

The thing is that you need to understand that Physics depends on
Philosophy, if you don't get the philosophical basis, then all you
could with all that physics is make roller coasters and such, or maybe
get a job as a clerk... hey, that's a respectable thing to do, look at
Einstein heheh

--
Laurent

From: Eric Gisse on
On May 24, 5:02 pm, Koobee Wublee <koobee.wub...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 24, 3:55 pm, Eric Gisse <jowr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The aether is a concept accepted by those whose knowledge of physics
> > ranges from "none" to "very little".
>
> The aether is unknowingly accepted by those who abide to GR as a
> religion.

So, "nobody".

Go beat on your religion strawman somewhere else.

[...]