From: Laurent on
The aether is simply the space between two points. David Bohm called
it general space as he said space is what unite us, not what separates
us. Mach called it momentum space as he explained the force of
Inertia. Einstein and others like called it free space as they
explained permeability and permittivity. So there is no question the
aether is, it is the empty space between points, the question is, does
it have physical properties? Einstein maintained it did until the day
he died.

---

Whether you can call it God or not would depend on what you think God
is. To me God was a thing incapable of thinking or feeling until
matter and brains came into existence. Besides that, many, like
Buddhists for example, call it Consciousness, others call it Mind, but
they are all referring to same THING I am talking about, a universal
being. The aether, like God, is omnipresent, eternal, with no
beginning and no end. The aether is the seat of the field, and without
fields there would be no universe, right? Therefore, it is the source
of everything there is.

David Chalmers likes to ask - what is that which is? - he calls this
"the hard problem", and the answer is, the aether is that which is.
Why? Because it is immutable, it is now what it always was, and there
is nothing in this universe that you can say that about, simply
because matter is in constant change, what was five seconds ago, is
not anymore.

--
Laurent

From: Sam Wormley on
Laurent wrote:
> The aether is simply the space between two points. David Bohm called
> it general space as he said space is what unite us, not what separates
> us. Mach called it momentum space as he explained the force of
> Inertia. Einstein and others like called it free space as they
> explained permeability and permittivity. So there is no question the
> aether is, it is the empty space between points, the question is, does
> it have physical properties? Einstein maintained it did until the day
> he died.

aether
o current and successful theories don't require an aether
o none is detectable
o no properties are ascribed or measured
o it's a dead concept
From: xxein on
On May 24, 5:54 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> Laurent wrote:
> > The aether is simply the space between two points. David Bohm called
> > it general space as he said space is what unite us, not what separates
> > us. Mach called it momentum space as he explained the force of
> > Inertia. Einstein and others like called it free space as they
> > explained permeability and permittivity. So there is no question the
> > aether is, it is the empty space between points, the question is, does
> > it have physical properties? Einstein maintained it did until the day
> > he died.
>
> aether
> o current and successful theories don't require an aether
> o none is detectable
> o no properties are ascribed or measured
> o it's a dead concept

xxein: aether
' current and successful theories are limited to a subjective
measurement (of what?)
' empty space cannot define position, velocity, nor
acceleration without a
connection through a media
' then we see and measure nothing
' Your brain is dead

From: Eric Gisse on
On May 24, 2:31 pm, Laurent <cyberd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

The aether is a concept accepted by those whose knowledge of physics
ranges from "none" to "very little".

From: Eric Gisse on
On May 24, 3:45 pm, x...(a)bellsouth.net wrote:
> On May 24, 5:54 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> > Laurent wrote:
> > > The aether is simply the space between two points. David Bohm called
> > > it general space as he said space is what unite us, not what separates
> > > us. Mach called it momentum space as he explained the force of
> > > Inertia. Einstein and others like called it free space as they
> > > explained permeability and permittivity. So there is no question the
> > > aether is, it is the empty space between points, the question is, does
> > > it have physical properties? Einstein maintained it did until the day
> > > he died.
>
> > aether
> > o current and successful theories don't require an aether
> > o none is detectable
> > o no properties are ascribed or measured
> > o it's a dead concept
>
> xxein: aether
> ' current and successful theories are limited to a subjective
> measurement (of what?)
> ' empty space cannot define position, velocity, nor
> acceleration without a
> connection through a media

A limitation only on your part.

Tell me, what is your current level of education in physics?