From: chazparks on
How do I import a Project Start Date into MS Project? I can't seem to find
the mapping column name.
From: Jim Aksel on
This should self populate based on the inputs you are making from Excel (with
a default of Today).

You can use the Move Dates wizard to shift the entire project in time once
it has been imported.

The start date is a project property, not a column per se.
try this: activeproject.ProjectStart
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

From: Rob Schneider on
The Project Start date is one bit of data, and not a "column". A
"column" in Project is rows of "fields"--thus multiple values.

See the Project Start date in Menu: Project/Project Information, top
left corner of dialog box.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

From: chazparks on
I'm using a CSV file that is generated outside of the MS Office products.
Where can I use the Move Dates Wizard from?

From: Jim Aksel on
This opens a can of worms....
I quoted the incorrect name of the toy.

From within Microsoft Project, you want the "Adjust Dates" feature which is
located on the Analysis Toolbar (View/Toolbars/Analysis). I am sorry for
giving you the incorrect name.

Be careful, if you are using a CSV with dates associated to the tasks
(rather than dependencies), the import wizard is going to lock them down.
That is, once they are in MS Project each task will have a constraint on it:
"Start No Earlier Than"

Make sure all tasks are linked with dependencies (predecessors and
successors) not just keyed dates... keying the dates angers the Scheduling
Gods and precludes Project from doing what it is designed to do because a
keyed date will lock the task to that date.

I am talking without information of your CSV file, if you have dates in it,
make sure you insert the Constraint Type column once you are in Project and
change them all to "As Soon As Possible" and then link your schedule with
Predecessors/Successors.

Let me know if I am off topic.