From: John Heitmuller on
Hi, I've been gone from the news group for awhile. Does anybody know
if anybody ever successfully built a sellable Commodore to VGA
interface, specifically a c128 80col color to VGA interface? I'm
getting ready to donate a large lot of surplus VGA monitors and was
wondering if there was a point in hanging on to few for my
Commodores?

Thanks,
John

From: Payton Byrd on

"John Heitmuller" <john.heitmuller(a)jrfcorp.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I've been gone from the news group for awhile. Does anybody know
> if anybody ever successfully built a sellable Commodore to VGA
> interface, specifically a c128 80col color to VGA interface? I'm
> getting ready to donate a large lot of surplus VGA monitors and was
> wondering if there was a point in hanging on to few for my
> Commodores?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Yes, there are some off-the-shelf solutions that just need a little tweaking
to support the C128. There's a lot of chatter about this at the Commodore
128 Alive! forums. You can get there from <http://www.commodore128.org>.

From: ramswell on
On Oct 30, 5:49 am, "Payton Byrd" <pay...(a)paytonnospambyrd.com> wrote:
> "John Heitmuller" <john.heitmul...(a)jrfcorp.net> wrote in message

> > Hi, I've been gone from the news group for awhile. Does anybody know
> > if anybody ever successfully built a sellable Commodore to VGA
> > interface, specifically a c128 80col color to VGA interface? I'm
> > getting ready to donate a large lot of surplus VGA monitors and was
> > wondering if there was a point in hanging on to few for my
> > Commodores?
>
> > Thanks,
> > John
>
> Yes, there are some off-the-shelf solutions that just need a little tweaking
> to support the C128. There's a lot of chatter about this at the Commodore
> 128 Alive! forums. You can get there from <http://www.commodore128.org>.

Yeah, I purchased one from FOTIOS in Australia and it works (Well,
Ok). Like Payton said, "They still need to be <TWEAKED> a bit."

Lolol

Charles

From: Eddiie on
Yeah, I have a CGA to VGA converter on my C-128. Works O.K.

Get rid of those VGA CRT's!!!

From: Spriggly on
On Oct 31, 9:56 am, "Eddiie" <edd...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
> Yeah, I have a CGA to VGA converter on my C-128. Works O.K.
>
> Get rid of those VGA CRT's!!!

Where can I buy one?

Thanks,
Dave