From: isw on
In article <Xns9DD2656DBD861emteedee(a)212.227.158.24>,
Mike Dee <mikedee(a)emteedee.invalid> wrote:

> isw wrote:
>
> > Kir�ly <nospam(a)spamsucks.ca> wrote:
> >> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Are you having some problem with your Mac that had you looking in
> >> the logs for clues? Or is your Mac running fine, and you were
> >> just browsing the logs out of curiosity?
> >
> > Things seem to be OK, but when the contents of logs change, I
> > wonder why.
> [...]
> > Do you have any useful information to add, such as, what they are
> > talking about?
>
> Don't know of the issue per se. But searching on
> "IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL" in Google gets
> quite a few pages of hits relating to this. Perhaps it may help you
> find some similar occurance to what you're getting.

I poked through as many of those as I could stand, before I posted here.
Pretty content-free, for the most part...

Isaac
From: isw on
In article
<barmar-EFA0F0.21244111082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exa
mple.com>,
Barry Margolin <barmar(a)alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> In article <Xns9DD2656DBD861emteedee(a)212.227.158.24>,
> Mike Dee <mikedee(a)emteedee.invalid> wrote:
>
> > isw wrote:

> > [...]
> > >
> > > Things seem to be OK, but when the contents of logs change, I
> > > wonder why.
> > [...]
> > > Do you have any useful information to add, such as, what they are
> > > talking about?
> >
> > Don't know of the issue per se. But searching on
> > "IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL" in Google gets
> > quite a few pages of hits relating to this. Perhaps it may help you
> > find some similar occurance to what you're getting.
>
> The annoying thing about googling for log messages is that you get lots
> of false hits. People tend to post large excerpts from their logs,
> which frequently include messages like these that have nothing to do
> with the problem they're posting about.
>
> However, in this case, the first hit for this log message looks like it
> should be relevant, since it's specifically about this log message.

The first hit I see appears to be related to choppy playback with EyeTV
and pertains to Snow Leopard; I have neither.

Isaac
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <isw-949F4D.22094511082010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> In article
> <barmar-EFA0F0.21244111082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exa
> mple.com>,
> Barry Margolin <barmar(a)alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > In article <Xns9DD2656DBD861emteedee(a)212.227.158.24>,
> > Mike Dee <mikedee(a)emteedee.invalid> wrote:

> > > [...]
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Don't know of the issue per se. But searching on
> > > "IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL" in Google gets
> > > quite a few pages of hits relating to this. Perhaps it may help you
> > > find some similar occurance to what you're getting.
> >
> > The annoying thing about googling for log messages is that you get lots
> > of false hits. People tend to post large excerpts from their logs,
> > which frequently include messages like these that have nothing to do
> > with the problem they're posting about.
> >
> > However, in this case, the first hit for this log message looks like it
> > should be relevant, since it's specifically about this log message.
>
> The first hit I see appears to be related to choppy playback with EyeTV
> and pertains to Snow Leopard; I have neither.

I don't think it's specific to EyeTV, that's just another symptom of the
problem, and the reason he was investigating.

If you disconnect USB devices, do the messages go away like they did for
him?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA