From: isw on
I seem to be seeing it irregularly, but more than once per hour:

20100810 Aug 10, 11:13:07 PM kernel
IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000
(was 21456359)

--

Isaac
From: Kir�ly on
In article <isw-B11CCF.23244510082010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> I seem to be seeing it irregularly, but more than once per hour:
>
> 20100810 Aug 10, 11:13:07 PM kernel
> IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000
> (was 21456359)

Are you having some problem with your Mac that had you looking in the
logs for clues? Or is your Mac running fine, and you were just browsing
the logs out of curiosity?

If the former, post more details about the problem you were having. If
the latter, don't worry about it. Browsing the logs looking for a
problem when no problem seems to otherwise exist is usually a waste of
time.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: isw on
In article
<nospam-59691F.08494211082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exa
mple.com>,
Kir�ly <nospam(a)spamsucks.ca> wrote:

> In article <isw-B11CCF.23244510082010@[216.168.3.50]>,
> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>
> > I seem to be seeing it irregularly, but more than once per hour:
> >
> > 20100810 Aug 10, 11:13:07 PM kernel
> > IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000
> > (was 21456359)
>
> Are you having some problem with your Mac that had you looking in the
> logs for clues? Or is your Mac running fine, and you were just browsing
> the logs out of curiosity?

Things seem to be OK, but when the contents of logs change, I wonder
why. I was looking in the log for something else, and noticed a bunch of
these entries. I don't recall seeing them before, so I was wondering
what they meant.

Do you have any useful information to add, such as, what they are
talking about?

Isaac
From: Mike Dee on
isw wrote:

> Kir�ly <nospam(a)spamsucks.ca> wrote:
>> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
[...]
>> > IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to
>> > 20000000 (was 21456359)
>>
>> Are you having some problem with your Mac that had you looking in
>> the logs for clues? Or is your Mac running fine, and you were
>> just browsing the logs out of curiosity?
>
> Things seem to be OK, but when the contents of logs change, I
> wonder why.
[...]
> Do you have any useful information to add, such as, what they are
> talking about?

Don't know of the issue per se. But searching on
"IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL" in Google gets
quite a few pages of hits relating to this. Perhaps it may help you
find some similar occurance to what you're getting.

--
dee
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <Xns9DD2656DBD861emteedee(a)212.227.158.24>,
Mike Dee <mikedee(a)emteedee.invalid> wrote:

> isw wrote:
>
> > Kir�ly <nospam(a)spamsucks.ca> wrote:
> >> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Are you having some problem with your Mac that had you looking in
> >> the logs for clues? Or is your Mac running fine, and you were
> >> just browsing the logs out of curiosity?
> >
> > Things seem to be OK, but when the contents of logs change, I
> > wonder why.
> [...]
> > Do you have any useful information to add, such as, what they are
> > talking about?
>
> Don't know of the issue per se. But searching on
> "IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL" in Google gets
> quite a few pages of hits relating to this. Perhaps it may help you
> find some similar occurance to what you're getting.

The annoying thing about googling for log messages is that you get lots
of false hits. People tend to post large excerpts from their logs,
which frequently include messages like these that have nothing to do
with the problem they're posting about.

However, in this case, the first hit for this log message looks like it
should be relevant, since it's specifically about this log message.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA