From: Saurabh on
Hi,

Please help. Never faced this problem before with cpan

cpan> install Cache::FastMap
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Found only 0 objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
/modules/03modlist.data.gz
LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch modules/03modlist.data.gz
Going to write /root/.cpan/Metadata
Warning: Cannot install Cache::FastMap, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Cache::FastMap/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Please help

Regards
Saurabh
From: John on

"Saurabh" <saurabhperiwal(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Please help. Never faced this problem before with cpan
>
> cpan> install Cache::FastMap
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
> Warning: Found only 0 objects in /root/.cpan/Metadata
> CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
> Fetching with LWP:
> /authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
> Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
> valid.
> The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'
>
> Could not fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
> Fetching with LWP:
> /modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
> Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
> valid.
> The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'
>
> Could not fetch modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
> Fetching with LWP:
> /modules/03modlist.data.gz
> LWP failed with code[400] message[URL must be absolute]
> Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file ( ) are
> valid.
> The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'
>
> Could not fetch modules/03modlist.data.gz
> Going to write /root/.cpan/Metadata
> Warning: Cannot install Cache::FastMap, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
> i /Cache::FastMap/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.
>

> Please help
>
> Regards
> Saurabh

Try Cache::FastMmap. I think you have a missing 'm'.

Regards
John