From: JAM on
I have the following problem.

Version: Visual C# Express 2010, Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

Problem:

I have added icon to the application at the Propoerties -> Application
-> Icon and manifest tab by browsing icon file.

The icon file has the following images:

128 x 128 x 32 bit color
64 x 64 x 32 bit color
48 x 48 x 32 bit color
32 x 32 x 32 bit color
16 x 16 x 32 bit color

After rebuilding and running application in Visual Studio to make sure
it works OK I attempted to create shortcut to the application on the
desktop to the "Release" version of the executable. It creates ugly
shortcut, clearly scaled up 16x16 image. But when I did the same for
the debug version of the executable, the shortcut icon on the desktop
looks great using image of the higher resolution.

What is wrong here ?